In modern world, the flexibility of work isn’t just a perk. It’s a vital way for various businesses to be more organized, competitive and innovative. All of these can be achieved with using modern mobile devices. Some companies provide their employees with corporate devices, while other companies prefer BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) solution.
The reason to think and take actions
The COVID-19 pandemic has people all over the world focused on their health and safety, and mobile devices hygiene is a growing concern. Mobile phones and tablets are subject to extremely frequent touches, and also they are frequently set down on high-touch surfaces. Speaking about corporate devices, many of them are shared among multiple coworkers, who may not follow the same strict handwashing procedures. The properly cleaning and disinfecting mobile devices are always important to prevent the spread of harmful infections and pathogens, and not just during an outbreak of this scale.
There are some simple recommendations before cleaning:
– Don’t forget to unplug the device.
– Use soft, lint-free cloth.
– Avoid aerosol sprays and cleaners that contain bleach or abrasives.
– Keep liquids and moisture away from any openings on the device.
– Don’t spray cleaners directly on the device.
Some simple actions with great importance
Also there are some actions to minimize your mobile device’s exposure to germs and viruses:
– Keep your mobile device in your pocket or bag when outside.
– After being in public places, touch your device after you have washed or sanitized your hands.
– Use speakerphone for calls so that your phone is not pressed against your face.
– Avoid usage of mobile devices in the public transport.
Perform the procedures above and don’t forget about the other protection actions against the COVID-19 infection. You can learn more about them here. Also here are some tips to ensure safe workplace and healthy employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.