The days when doctors used paper charts are becoming history, so do the days when we used notepads to track our blood sugar or opened a medical encyclopedia to look up what might be causing the symptoms. Smart phones and tablets have revolutionized the way business is done these days, and the medical field is following suit. After all, papers accumulate way too fast, get lost and even destroyed unexpectedly. Mobile devices, on the other hand, are always with you and allow quick access to everything you need to have handy at a given moment. Their sharp, intuitive displays and interactive content leave no chance to piles of paper or worn out notepads.
2013 was a significant year for the adoption of medical mobile business apps both by medical professionals and their patients/consumers. “We can see within five years mobile business apps moving from novelty to mainstream,” said Murray Aitken, executive director of the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. He believes soon patients will leave the doctor’s office with an app to provide an outgoing link between the patient and the doctor. As a result, this will lower costs and dramatically improve care.
We, Snappii team members, couldn’t agree more with Murray Aitken and try our best to contribute to this revolutionary process. We also regularly do extensive research to update you on the best mobile business apps available on the market in each specific industry. That is why today we will present you with top 5 mobile business apps we believe everyone should have on their mobile device to keep track of their health.
1. Medical Home Care App allows recording detailed information on doctor’s visits, keeping a medication log, and an activity log for caregivers. Ideal for people with chronic conditions, their family members, or personal care aids.
2. Medical Office Visit app was designed to help you fill out all personal information about yourself and send it over to a doctor before the scheduled appointment, take notes while visiting a doctor, schedule dental appointments, and find the hospitals nearby. This app can be a very useful tool for everyone.
3. iTriage – Health, Doctor, Symptoms, and Healthcare Search allows everyone to check their symptoms and locate a physician or hospital.
4. Diabetes in Check helps Type 2 diabetes patients eat better, get active, and lower their blood sugar. Check out the scrumptious recipes provided in the app. They will blow your mind a way and bring back your ideal blood sugar level.
5. Patient Education Apps by Orca Health employ 3D technology to educate patients about the specifics of their anatomy (heart, spine, eye, nose, shoulder, teeth, etc) and understand the course of action they take and care they receive.
Please also check out our My Medical Mobile App, designed to collect a detailed family medical history and find out what health conditions run in your family to timely address them. Be the first to install it and take advantage of its numerous benefits!