Some extra attention required
Construction heavy equipment requires constant and thorough maintenance, especially in the winter season. Some extra attention and precautions can help face freezing temperatures and hazardous weather, prevent breakdowns and financial losses. Here are some tips to consider.
– Proper lubrication of engines. The cold temperature affects oil’s protective abilities. Usage of the oil that doesn’t protect the engine parts may lead to accelerated wear. Choose special winter lubricant oil and keep this point under control.
– Proper coolant proportions. Coolant should follow recommended winter guidelines. Ensure the equipment has a 60 to 40 coolant to water ratio. Keep coolant balanced during the entire winter season.
– Tires protection and proper pressure. Tires should be checked for the proper tire pressure and wear marks. Adhere to the guidelines of the manufacturer relative to the required pressure. It is better to use snow tires to have more pull in snow and on ice.
– Proper and careful handling of the battery. Even well-functioning batteries experience strain during the winter. The electrolyte of the battery should be filled up to the indicated level. Allow the battery to heat up to at least 40 degrees before using the heavy equipment. Never charge or jump-start a frozen battery.
– Regular inspection. Regular inspections are an essential way to track construction heavy equipment’s condition and catch any wear before it leads to serious and expensive issues. Mobile inspection apps are the best tool to perform fast and efficient inspections right in the field. Also, it is a perfect opportunity to keep all past inspections at hand and instantly share any data with other specialists.
The best app for streamlined inspections
Snappii offers a feature-rich Heavy Equipment Inspection app. The in-build mobile inspection form can be filled in in a few clicks on any mobile device. As soon as the form is completed it can be converted to a PDF or Excel report and sent via email or other ways. Indicate problems, disrepairs, malfunctions in the equipment performance, and instantly notify mechanics about maintenance issues or repair services required. Watch the video to find out how the Heavy Equipment Inspection app works. The app is available in Apple App Store and Google Play. The Snappii team can modify the Heavy Equipment Inspection app to meet some of your specific needs. For example, we can add your existing forms. Contact us here to discuss the modification.