Safety is always a top priority
Welding operations present hazards for welders and others in the vicinity whether it is a large manufacturing company or a small independent fabrication. Safety always should be a top priority in this field of activity. The right precautions and safety policy can limit risks for workers as well as the negative effects on production. The following steps can help achieve a well-organized, safe, and comfortable welding environment.
4 steps to follow at any enterprise with welding works
Ensuring the proper personal protective equipment. It is a strict rule. A safe-dressed welder can protect himself from all the potentially harmful effects of welding. Such equipment always includes:
– welding apparel and gloves,
– welding helmet,
– welding respirators,
– welding glasses,
– high-top shoes.
Learn more about eye safety equipment for welding here.
Regular safety training. Also, all workers should be timely notified about any changes in safety policy. The topics covering in the training include:
– hazard assessment and action items,
– the OSHA regulations regarding the hazard found and solutions that address it,
– rules for the use of protective and fire-fighting equipment,
– proper maintenance of safety equipment,
– first aid.
Constant communication and control. Regular safety discussions encourage employee involvement in maintaining a safe environment and make it possible to monitor and instantly react to any safety issues as well as evaluate safety initiatives.
Regular inspection of welding environment. Timely, accurate data of all aspects is one of the keys to a safe and efficient workflow. Today any inspections of the welding environment can be performed in minutes right in the field. Special mobile apps allow users to instantly collect, process, and share any data.
Welding Environment Inspection app
Snappii offers a powerful ready-made Welding Environment Inspection app. Thanks to this app, you will always have a welding safety inspection form and the previously completed inspections right at your fingertips. Make sure that all workers adhere to safety guidelines, and keep the workflow safe with the convenience of your mobile device. The Welding Environment Inspection app includes:
– separate personal protective equipment checklists for up to 12 welders as well as helpers,
– checklists on WHMIS, standards, oxy/fuel systems, electrical and abrasive equipment, hand tools, and some other guidelines,
– the ability to generate safety inspection reports in PDF format,
– the ability to sign, save, retrieve, edit, and email reports.
The Welding Environment Inspection app is available in both Apple App Store and Google Play.